Episode 08: PSA: The Missing Link in Your Resource & Project Management Strategy
From Arc 3: Modernizing Service Organizations Through Automation
October 9, 2023 | 12 minutes
In the second episode of arc three, Sean Docherty interviews Nana Gregg, a Certinia expert, Salesforce MVP, and Diabsolut Solutions Architect. They discuss how PSA solutions, and Certinia PSA in particular, help with resource and project management, as well as business insight.
- Separate people and business units with their own processes and tools (often spreadsheets) are common in professional service organizations
- One major benefit to a PSA solution is that it centralizes data and gives a better view of both the “big picture,” as well as individual teams; it also helps create standard processes and a standardized experience for clients
- The ability to personalize a PSA solution to fit your organization’s needs will further benefits and ROI — because it impacts the data that goes into and comes out of the solution
- Understanding resource capacity is one of the most difficult parts of resource management, but it’s something your PSA solution should offer tools to help with
- If you’re using the Salesforce platform, having a PSA solution that can take advantage of all the updates Salesforce offers is one way to improve your ROI and take your resource and project management capabilities further
Watch on other streaming platforms
Highlights & Timestamps
0:00 | Introduction
0:34 | Nana Gregg: Our guest’s background and experience
1:38 | How does PSA differ from other solutions?
5:02 | How PSA enhances Resource Management
7:13 | How PSA enhances Project Management
9:16 | Current and Future Trends: AI, remote work, and more
12:01 | Conclusion
Sean Docherty, Solutions Consultant at Diabsolut
As a Solution Consultant and member of Diabsolut’s Sales Enablement team, Sean supports his clients through identifying solutions and best practices across the lead-to-cash process. He focuses on providing client’s value through communicating the benefits of systems in a digestible manner and what to prioritize for an implementation. His experience lies in Certinia and Salesforce Revenue Cloud products giving him exposure to a range of clients from different industries and geographies.
Nana Gregg, Solutions Architect at Diabsolut
Nana is a seasoned Salesforce and Certinia professional with over 15 years of experience as an Admin, Architect, and Consultant. She excels in big-picture thinking and intricate problem-solving, gained through working with multi-national clients. Nana is passionate about leveraging technology to transform businesses, collaborating closely with clients to maximize the potential of the Salesforce platform. A recognized figure in the Salesforce and Certinia Communities, Nana is a sought-after speaker at conferences, webinars, and podcasts. Her contributions have earned her a place in the Salesforce MVP Hall of Fame, and she showcased her skills on the Salesforce+ show “Legends of Low Code.” Nana is not just a professional; she’s a dedicated evangelist and thought leader, leaving an indelible mark on the Salesforce and Certinia ecosystems.
Other Episodes in This Arc
- A Quick Guide to AI, Generative AI, and Salesforce AI Cloud
- E09: Current PSA Trends: What the Future Holds – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E08: PSA: The Missing Link in Your Resource & Project Management Strategy – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E07: What Is PSA? – Java With Sugar Podcast
- Cost Analysis, ROI, and Implementation Tips: Does Salesforce Automotive Cloud Make Sense for Your Business?
- E06: Automotive Industry Dealership Solution Trends – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E05: How Diabsolut Recognizes and Alleviates Your Pain with Current Industry Standards – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E04: What Is Automotive Cloud – Java With Sugar Podcast
- Achieving Full ROI and Benefits from Your Manufacturing Solution Investments
- Certinia PSA: Region, Practice, Group (RPG) Information and Reorganization Tips