Episode 04: What is Automotive Cloud?
From Arc 2: Automotive Cloud: How Salesforce Is Revolutionizing an Industry
August 8, 2023 | 9 minutes
Podcast episode four, which is the first episode of this arc, sees host Stephen Sugumar, along with Peter McMullan, break down exactly what Salesforce Automotive Cloud is, why it’s relevant to the automotive industry, and how it impacts dealerships, dealership groups, and OEMs.
- Salesforce Automotive Cloud includes an adaptation of their popular Sales Cloud solution, but with ready to go features tailored to the automotive industry
- It offers tools for selling, selling management, and customer relationship management — and includes vehicle lifecycle management functionality
- It can easily be combined with Service Cloud for a connected sales and service solution
- One of its biggest impacts is interconnectivity, as it gives dealerships an OEM to dealership to customer view of a vehicle’s lifecycle — which allows for better planning, scalability, and growth
Watch on other streaming platforms
Highlights & Timestamps
00:00 | Introduction
00:55 | What is Automotive Cloud and why is it relevant in the Automotive industry
3:50 | How the product impacts and benefits dealerships and OEMs
6:58 | In the next episode: How does Diabsolut elevate Automotive Cloud?
7:45 | Conclusion
Stephen Sugumar, Manager, Solutions Consulting at Diabsolut
Stephen has delved into many roles over the years, from development, professional services into his current role as Manager of Solutions Consulting today. Leveraging his technical expertise and solutioning adaptability to find a path forward within all his engagements while guiding his team in similar fashion. He is an expert in processes and best practices—leveraging insight from industries such as Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Home Services, Telecom, Manufacturing, and High Tech—to support Diabsolut’s customers in their evaluation and selection of Service solutions.
Peter McMullan, Solutions Consultant at Diabsolut
As a seasoned member of the Pre-Sales team, Peter brings an expertise in service management, focusing on field service and improving operations within service organizations. His background in engineering gives him a fresh, solution-driven perspective that he leverages to analyze problems. Peter proves himself to be a trusted advisor to Diabsolut and customers through his understanding of business analysis, process improvement, development, and configuration in designing and demonstrating tailored solutions.
Other Episodes in This Arc
- Cost Analysis, ROI, and Implementation Tips: Does Salesforce Automotive Cloud Make Sense for Your Business?
- E06: Automotive Industry Dealership Solution Trends – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E05: How Diabsolut Recognizes and Alleviates Your Pain with Current Industry Standards – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E04: What Is Automotive Cloud – Java With Sugar Podcast
- Achieving Full ROI and Benefits from Your Manufacturing Solution Investments
- Certinia PSA: Region, Practice, Group (RPG) Information and Reorganization Tips
- E02: The Value of Pre-Sales and When to Involve Them in a Deal – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E03: Where Is The Future of Pre-Sales Going? – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E01: What Is Pre-Sales? – Java With Sugar Podcast
- Java with Sugar Podcast – Get to know our speakers