Episode 02: The Value of Pre-Sales and When to Involve Them in a Deal
From Arc 1: Understanding The Value of Pre-Sales
June 20, 2023 | 15 minutes
In this episode, Stephen welcomes Matt McCallum, VP of Sales at Diabsolut, to discuss both when and why pre-sales should be involved in a sales cycle, as well as Matt’s take on SaaS technology trends. Stephen and Matt, who has decades of experience working with customers in the high technology and IT industries, will help listeners understand the evolution of SaaS solutions and the expertise pre-sales can offer, as well as give them an idea of best practices in terms of pre-sales involvement.
- To provide successful support a pre-sales team and consultants should always keep on top of trends to better meet the needs of a client and act as a subject matter expert when incorporating those trends into a solution
- Knowledge and technical capabilities are not the only tools pre-sales uses to solve problems, building a relationship of trust with the sales team, partners, and customers helps ensure a collaborative environment and success
- Pre-sales should be involved as early as possible for maximum end-user impact
- Pre-sales can be a costly investment for a consulting firm, which is why it’s important for sales representatives to ensure that customers understand and receive its value
- Pre-sales’s involvement helps curate a solution plan for customers, which helps lead to an informed decision and faster ROI
Watch on other streaming platforms
Highlights & Timestamps
0:00 | Introduction
1:17 | Matt’s background and history with pre-sales
2:42 | How solutions’ consultants from the pre-sales team have provided success in the past
5:08 | The involvement of pre-sales in a sales opportunity: finding the right timing
9:58 | Short and long-term trends in the pre-sales area
14:15 | Conclusion
Stephen Sugumar, Manager, Solutions Consulting at Diabsolut
Stephen has delved into many roles over the years, from development, professional services into his current role as Manager of Solutions Consulting today. Leveraging his technical expertise and solutioning adaptability to find a path forward within all his engagements while guiding his team in similar fashion. He is an expert in processes and best practices—leveraging insight from industries such as Energy & Utilities, Healthcare, Home Services, Telecom, Manufacturing, and High Tech—to support Diabsolut’s customers in their evaluation and selection of Service solutions.
Matt McCallum, VP of Sales at Diabsolut
Matt is an experienced sales leader focussed on delivering outstanding customer outcomes. As a veteran of the technology channel, he has led product & service sales teams and has been responsible for managing relationships with market leaders. As VP of Sales, Matt continuously brings leadership, strategy, and process improvements to Diabsolut and serves as a trusted customer advocate & executive sponsor.
Other Episodes in This Arc
- Cost Analysis, ROI, and Implementation Tips: Does Salesforce Automotive Cloud Make Sense for Your Business?
- E06: Automotive Industry Dealership Solution Trends – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E05: How Diabsolut Recognizes and Alleviates Your Pain with Current Industry Standards – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E04: What Is Automotive Cloud – Java With Sugar Podcast
- Achieving Full ROI and Benefits from Your Manufacturing Solution Investments
- Certinia PSA: Region, Practice, Group (RPG) Information and Reorganization Tips
- E02: The Value of Pre-Sales and When to Involve Them in a Deal – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E03: Where Is The Future of Pre-Sales Going? – Java With Sugar Podcast
- E01: What Is Pre-Sales? – Java With Sugar Podcast
- Java with Sugar Podcast – Get to know our speakers